Each Spring, air conditioner maintenance should be a priority when it comes to your Spring “to-do” list. At Ortiz Heating AC, we know the importance of servicing and cleaning your equipment before it comes time for heavy use. Air conditioner maintenance means less likelihood that your equipment will break down or fail during summer months, and that it will run efficiently – saving you money.
However, having an air conditioner check up offers other benefits as well, including:
Lower energy costs due to optimum efficiency.
Regular maintenance helps extend the life span of your system, meaning you won’t have to face expensive repairs or replacement as soon.
Peace of mind knowing that your HVAC system is operating safely, and at peak efficiency.
The next step to take if you’re in need of air conditioner maintenance is to contact the HVAC experts at Ortiz Heating AC to schedule an appointment. What can you expect during a maintenance visit?
Your technician will conduct a thorough inspection of your system to assess the need for repairs and to ensure that all components are working properly. This inspection may include:
- Inspecting for leaks and proper refrigerant levels
- Ensuring proper drainage by clearing any clogs and inspecting condensate drain
- Checking the thermostat, including sensors so that your HVAC system properly cycles on and off and maintains the desired temperature
- Cleaning or replacement of filter
- Inspection of ductwork to ensure proper airflow and that no leaks exist
- Lubricating components as needed; cleaning of fan blades and motor
- Inspect and clean connections and contacts; inspection of electric controls
- Ensure proper air circulation by testing air handler and motor
We know it’s easy to skip having your HVAC system checked, hoping that when it comes time to depend on your air conditioner for comfortable air, all works perfectly. However, neglecting to have your equipment inspected and maintained can lead to costly repairs or even having to have your HVAC system replaced long before it has reached its life expectancy. You would never dream of ignoring regular maintenance of your car; proper maintenance is just as important to keep your heating/ac running efficiently, meaning comfortable air, lower energy costs and maximum life for your equipment.
Call Ortiz Heating AC today, and let our expert technicians perform an air conditioner check up for your Bay Area home.