At Ortiz Duct Cleaning, we know the importance of keeping your ducts clean and in good repair. Dust, dirt and other contaminants can pollute the air inside your home, not only causing dust to build up quickly on furnishings, but potentially putting the health of your family at risk. Those who suffer from asthma, allergies and other respiratory disorders are particularly prone to attacks brought on by bacteria and other contaminants in the air.
As trusted experts in Hayward and Bay Area duct cleaning, we want to help you keep your ductwork clean and free of mold, mildew, dust and other contaminants so that your family can enjoy breathing clean, fresh, healthier air. Here are a few tips:
- Dusting and vacuuming on a regular basis helps pick up excess dust, and keeps at least that amount of dust from entering your duct system.
- Filters should be replaced regularly, at least once every three months. Be sure to clean filters that are reusable on a regular basis.
- Gaps between the duct and your air filter allow dust and contaminants to enter the air inside your home. Look for gaps around your filter, and check the joint as well; any gaps should be sealed by a qualified technician.
- HEPA filters, electronic filters, UV lights – all of these assist in removing contaminants and other undesirable particles from the air you breathe. As trusted duct cleaning professionals, we recommend that homeowners install the highest possible efficiency air filtration system that is compatible with your particular HVAC system and ductwork.
- At least once each year, have a qualified HVAC technician clean your cooling coils and drain pans.
While you may not know it, many HVAC systems fail due to the accumulation of dust and dirt on equipment, including ducts. Even a thin layer of dust, dirt, pollen or other contaminates can decrease the efficiency of your HVAC system by 20% or more!
Duct cleaning not only helps your family enjoy fresh, clean air and reduces respiratory illness, it also keeps your system running efficiently – resulting in reduced energy costs. Trust Ortiz Heating & AC for all of your HVAC maintenance, installation and repair needs. Call us at 650.758.4900 to schedule an appointment today!