When purchasing a new heating and cooling system for your Bay Area home, it is essential that a professional handles the installation. Improper installation can result in malfunctioning, reduced energy savings, and a shorter life span for the equipment. Most homeowners don’t know a lot about air conditioning and heating systems, but in order to invest wisely it’s important to ask a few questions before you give a contractor the job.
At Ortiz Heating & A/C, if you know our team you know we’re highly capable, licensed, and dedicated. However, if it is your first time to purchase a new HVAC system, choose a handful of contractors and then ask them the following questions so that you can compare the answers and make the best choice.
- From start to finish, how much time will it take to complete the HVAC job? This should include from the time your home is measured, to the actual installation.
- Have you completed projects in my area (San Francisco, Hayward, San Mateo, etc.) where I can see the work you have done and speak with the homeowners about their satisfaction?
- Will I enjoy increased comfort and reduced energy costs following installation of my new HVAC system?
- Will the existing duct work be easy to integrate with my new heating/cooling system, or do you recommend I have new ducts installed as well?
- Can you provide me with a list of customer references I can contact by phone?
- Is there anything I can do to make the process of buying my new heating and cooling system and the installation easier?
- If I encounter an issue with my new HVAC system, are you responsible for performing warranty work? What do I do if I need service or repair in the future?
By having potential service providers answer these questions and carefully listening to their answers, you can tell which are the true professionals who will perform exemplary work, and be there when you need them.
At Ortiz Heating & Air Conditioning, we are Bay Area HVAC pros. If you are comparing contractors, be sure to give us a call!