At Ortiz Heating & Air Conditioning, we know that not every contractor offers professional HVAC installation – and the impact when your air conditioner/heating system is not installed properly. When it comes to heating and cooling your home so that it’s comfortable, as well as energy-efficient, we know that bigger doesn’t always mean better.
Some homeowners believe that it’s a good decision to buy a system that is a bit too large, rather than too small. The fact is, an HVAC system that is too big for your needs can actually cost you, and will not keep your home comfortable. Why? It will cycle on and off too frequently, and could possibly put unnecessary stress on the components of your system, meaning shorter equipment life.
Here’s a quick checklist to help ensure that your HVAC installation is done professionally, resulting in optimal comfort, energy savings and prolonged life of your HVAC equipment:
- Your contractor will install a programmable thermostat if you don’t already have one, and explain how it works. He will also show you how to change the filter(s) on your system.
- Test for proper venting and burner operation of your boiler or furnace, and inspect vent pipes to ensure they aren’t leaking or deteriorated.
- Surprisingly, more than 60% of central a/c units are not correctly charged with refrigerant during installation. Your contractor should check to make certain that the refrigerant charge and airflow across the system’s indoor coil are in compliance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Your condenser should be placed in an area where it is not exposed to vegetation, rain and snow. Additionally, your contractor should ensure that adequate room is provided around your equipment, so that it can easily be serviced and maintained.
- If you get a new outdoor unit, your contractor should install an indoor coil that is properly matched to the outdoor unit for optimal efficiency.
If you’re considering having a new HVAC system installed in your Bay Area home, always ask plenty of questions. Not all contractors provide expert installation, and it could cost you. Choose energy-efficient products, and make sure the company you choose is reputable and trusted.
Count on Ortiz Heating and Air Conditioning for all of your air conditioning/heating installation needs. We’re the company that takes a personal interest in our customer, working to save you money, help you enjoy improved indoor air quality and comfort.