As summer months get closer, many San Francisco homeowners are curious about duct cleaning, and why they should have their ducts cleaned. Many heating and cooling companies in the Bay Area offer this service, although not all do. In most cases, ducts should be cleaned about every three to five years, depending on factors in each individual case including pollutants such as tobacco smoke, pet dander, or following a home renovation/remodeling project.
While the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) claims there is no “scientific” evidence to back up the fact that air duct cleaning improves air quality, there are many people who swear by it – those who suffer from allergies, in particular. In addition, there are certain factors that may indicate whether it would be beneficial to have your air ducts cleaned every few years, according to the NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association). These factors include:
- Indoor pets that are prone to substantial shedding and dander
- Smokers in the household
- Following home remodeling/renovation projects that produce substantial dust (for example, sawdust)
- Homeowners who suffer from asthma, allergies, or other respiratory conditions
- Homes that have sustained water contamination in the home or heating/cooling system
- Before moving into a previously owned home
Many people who suffer from asthma, allergies, or other respiratory issues have reported that air duct cleaning resulted in cleaner indoor air, and a reduction in symptoms.
Air ducts deliver conditioned air to your Bay Area home, however they can be prone to build-up of dust, dirt, mold, mildew, and even rodent droppings if leaks exist. When you decide it’s time to find duct cleaning in San Francisco, depend on the experts at Ortiz Duct Cleaning for a job well done, and fair prices.