Air conditioning repair in the Bay Area should be performed by an experienced, trained technician, unless the problem is something minor such as a tripped breaker or dirty filter. When other issues crop up and you aren’t sure what the problem is, it’s best to consult with a professional. At Ortiz Heating & Air Conditioning, we’ve been providing our customers with unsurpassed service and products since 1999.
Air conditioner repair is one of our specialties. Below are 5 of the most common problems you may experience with your A/C system:
- Duct leaks. Cracks or holes in the duct work can lead to inefficient operation and comfort issues. When split seams or disconnected ducts exist, it means essentially that you are cooling the outdoors! Instead of coming into your home, your conditioned air is leaking outside.
- Contactors. A “stuck” contactor can cost you a fortune, as your air conditioner will run constantly. On the other hand, if your contactors become blocked and unable to close, your unit won’t run. In other cases, they simply fail. Our air conditioning Bay Area repair specialists check contactors during a scheduled preventive maintenance visit.
- Clogged drain lines. When the weather is moist or humid, drain lines carry the moisture away, preventing the growth of algae, which can clog your lines. You may even experience water damage inside your home when drain lines are clogged. It’s a good idea to have your drain lines inspected during your spring tune-up.
- Refrigerant leaks. In reality, an air conditioning system should not leak refrigerant, as these systems are sealed. However, it does happen when a connection between refrigerant tubing and a fitting becomes weakened, or the valve is bad. This means that your A/C system may not cool your home, and your compressor could potentially sustain damage.
- Thermostat issues. While quality thermostats (particularly the digital variety) rarely fail, it can happen. The switch may break, or a voltage spike could cause your thermostat to malfunction. When your thermostat isn’t working, your A/C isn’t working.
While we rarely experience stifling heat in the Bay Area, it’s best to be prepared for warm weather. Always schedule a spring tune-up, so that potential problems can be detected before they become a huge headache. When you do need air conditioner repair in the Bay Area, count on Ortiz Heating & Air Conditioning for all of your needs. We’re the company you won’t have to call back again and again!