Air conditioners are probably one of man’s greatest invention. We all love the fact that with the touch of a button (or two) we can create our own optimal climate. While this is an advantage with any type of air conditioner/HVAC system, there are certain advantages that are present with central/ducted air conditioners that are not present with portable air conditioning systems. We’d like to show you just some reasons why having a central/ducted air conditioning unit installed can be beneficial to you, your loved ones, your home, and your health.
- FILTER IT – Air conditioning units have the ability to filter the air in your home. What does this mean exactly? This means that rather than have your home filled with pollen, allergens, dust, dirt, and possible toxins, your air will be filtered and contain less of these potentially dangerous molecules. This is particularly advantageous to those who suffer from asthma or other respiratory/allergic issues. We spend the majority of our time indoors, and we’ve found that our indoor environment is actually more polluted than if we spend more time outdoors! It’s important to filter the air that we breathe to prevent health issues.
- SLEEP EASY – If your environment is comfortable, you’ll be able to rest easy. That’s the simple truth. How many of us have stayed up through the night…unable to sleep because we’re too hot? Lack of sleep directly affects your health. Therefore, it literally behooves your health to install a central air/ducted air conditioning system.
- THE WHOLE ENCHILADA – While portable units can certainly do the job of heating or cooling a small space, central/ducted systems can take care of your whole house. Why spot check when you can cover all your bases? Be comfortable throughout your home, rather than in one spot.
- HUMIDITY – Most HVAC systems now have controls for humidity. With portable systems or fans, you’re unable to make a dent in the humidity in the air. You might as well be outside. With new HVAC systems, you can literally create the climate you like, cooling the air while dehumidifying it at the same time.
- OUT OF THE WAY – Let’s face it, portable systems get in the way. They’re all over the house, and they pose a dangerous threat sometimes. With a central/ducted system, you don’t have to worry about the clutter or dangerous threats.
- VENTILATION – As with humidity, the same problems with ventilation exist when you’re using a portable system. You have no way of ventilating your home. With a ducted system, you can literally recycle your air so fresh air comes in as the used air goes out.
- NOISE CONTROL – Anyone who’s ever owned a portable system or in-wall system knows just how loud they can be. In fact, they can literally cause a hearing loss. That’s why it’s so important to prevent these types of issues, particularly in places where the threat to constant assault is present (i.e. living rooms/dens). With a ducted/central system, you’ll reduce the noise by a significant amount….sometimes to the point where you have to double-check the system is actually on!