Whether it’s summer or winter, your heat pump should perform efficiently in order for you to enjoy a comfortable home and reduced energy costs. As San Francisco HVAC repair and maintenance specialists, we know that according to Energy Star, a U.S. government program, nearly half of heat pumps experience problems related to performance and/or efficiency. Here are five tips to help you keep your air conditioning/heating system working at top performance.
- Consider components that boost performance. Dual-speed compressors, variable-speed blower motors and other components help improve the performance of your heat pump. Discuss the installation of these components and the benefits with your HVAC contractor.
- Have your technician check refrigerant levels. In order to capture and release heat properly, it is important that your heat pump has the correct amount of refrigerant which is specified by the manufacturer. Lines should also be inspected for leaks.
- Maintain proper airflow rate. Proper airflow rate is essential for the highest possible efficiency. Airflow can be increased by having your evaporator coil cleaned, having additional return air ducts installed and other services recommended by your HVAC contractor.
- Make sure your ducts are in good repair. Leaky ductwork means conditioned air is escaping instead of coming inside your home. It also means potentially contaminated air inside your home, instead of fresh, clean air. Have your San Francisco HVAC technician inspect ductwork regularly and make any necessary repairs for maximum efficiency.
- Your equipment and service are only as good as your provider. In order to enjoy good performance and efficiency, choose a reputable provider who offers high-quality equipment, installation and maintenance.
Winter is just around the corner, so it’s important to make sure your heating and air system is in good working order. Not only will you enjoy a comfortable, energy-efficient home, proper care and maintenance may help you avoid costly repairs or replacement!
At Ortiz Heating & Air Conditioning, we provide unparalleled HVAC products and service to those throughout the San Francisco, Hayward, San Mateo and Contra Costa areas. Questions about improving the performance and efficiency of your heat pump? Give us a call today, we’re always happy to help.